Sunday 7 September 2014

Florence!

Wow, remember 2 months ago when I got a new computer and said I'd start blogging again? That never happened ahaha. I'm sorry, I'll try again. I have a LOT to catch up on so it might be mostly smaller posts for the moment. As for what's going on with me now, I finished my studies in Japan in early August, and I'm now studying in Florence, Italy for a month. I'll try to post about both my time in Italy and Japan~

Anyway, I'll talk about Florence for today. I'm here doing an intensive, 4 week Italian language course. This is a compulsory part of my university degree, as I have to spend time studying in a country that speaks each language I'm studying. As I also spent one semester in France and one in Japan, there's only time for about one month in Italy. I've been here for 2 weeks now. I was worried about coming here because it had been about a year since I'd spoken Italian, but thankfully I remembered most of it really quickly!



I'm staying in this really cute (I say cute, but it's actually pretty big) apartment with some other study abroad students. 




As you can see, it's a beautiful city, but to be honest I don't think it's a very interesting place to live. On the weekend I've been visiting art galleries and museums, which is nice, but there isn't much to do during the week once I've finished school (at 4pm). 

I've mostly been spending my evenings watching anime (I recommend Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) and messing around with make up haha. Here are a few looks I tried:

 Used black eyeshadow as lipstick. It worked surprisingly well.


Choker courtesy of Spookii!



I'll leave you with this old-school VK song I've been listening to a lot lately~
I got really addicted to La'Cryma Christi in Tokyo after impulse-buying one of their albums from Closet Child.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Would be interested to see your posts about Italy/Japan but only write if you feel like it, i know what it's like to feel like blogging is a chore

    aah i still need to watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ><

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red eyeshadow+no mascara look seems quite cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading about your adventures Finlay! You do so many awesome things!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete